Far-flung from the crowds with not another island in sight, Mengalum is a true hidden gem boasting powder-white sand that slopes gently into a stunning shade of turquoise. The beauty doesn’t end at the limits of land. The shallow water splendors can best be best experienced with a mask and a pair of fins! You don’t have to go deep to get acquainted with the underwater critters here. The superb visibility here gives way to exciting marine life sightings. Mengalum is abundant in groupers, snappers, mackerels and other reef fishes. With a majority of hard corals, like, staghorn corals, lettuce coral, table corals. Clownfishes, butterfly fishes and cleaner fishes and butterfly fishes can often be spotted swimming around the flourishing corals, which are big, intact and in good condition.
BOOK WITH SEAMAUI BORNEO
[contact-form-7 id=”19594″ title=”SB Book Now Mengalum Island”]
07:30 Pick up from your hotel in Kota Kinabalu city0
08:00 Hop on a speedboat. Your journey will take approximately 1 hour (Subject to Sea Condition)
09:15 Arrive to the most beautiful Island
10:00 Gear up, it’s Snorkel time!
12:00 Back to Island
13:30 Free at leisure on the beach
14:30 Depart back to hotel in Kota Kinabalu city
- All timings are estimated and for reference purposes only. Actual timing will be provided prior to your departure.
- Mengalum Island
- White Sandy Beach
- Kindly book your Tour 5 days in advance.
- Rate Per Person.
- All rates are quoted in Ringgit Malaysia (MYR).
- Child rate applies for children between 3 – 11 years old.
- Infant below 3 years old is FOC.
Outskirt Hotels Pick-Up & Drop Off Surcharges
- Additional charges of MYR 30.00 per pax are chargeable for outskirt hotels pick-ups. Outskirt charges applicable for hotels outside of Kota Kinabalu city area & 1Borneo Area.
- Return Land & Boat Transfer
- Snorkeling, Life Jacket, Mask, Snorkel
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Tipping (Optional)
- Alcoholic Drinks
- Any items not mentioned
Things To Bring
- Extra Pocket Money
- Waterproof Camera
- Sun Block Lotion / Sun Glasses
- Personal Toiletries / Towel
- Hat / Cap
- Swimming Attire
- Sandals / Slippers
- Drinking Water
- In the case of schedule changes or cancellation due to traffic, weather or other force major, SEAMAUI BORNEO have the right to alter routes, timetables, itineraries and accommodation reserved should conditions beyond our control render it necessary.
- Patients of following diseases are NOT recommended to participate the adventure: hypertension, heart disease, asthma, epilepsy, pregnant woman.
- Participants are refrain from touching and teasing turtles, marine life and corals reef. Anyone refraining will sit out the next diving or snorkeling.
- While the jellyfish season varies, it usually occurs during mid of the year or/and end of the year. Do be extra careful and inform our guides should you be stung. Jelly bugs are common in the waters but they are usually harmless and their stings will just cause some slight itch.