Mantanani Islands 美人鱼岛 is a group of three isolated islands located northwest of Kota Belud, about an hour’s drive from the state capital of Sabah, Kota Kinabalu. These islands are approximately 60 minutes boat-ride by speedboat from the mainland (depends on sea condition). The islands boast of crystal clear blue waters filled with a myriad of marine life and white sandy beaches fringed by coconut palm trees making it an excellent destination for snorkeling, scuba diving or island hopping. One of the main reasons that the Mantanani Islands have recently attracted many visitors, local and tourists alike is because of a special creature called ‘dugong’ or sea cow that resides around the island. Dugong sightings are not guaranteed as these mammals are very shy and will distance themselves especially with the sight of crowds. In addition, dugongs’ population is on the brink of extinction so you have to be extremely lucky to be able to spot one!
BOOK WITH SEAMAUI BORNEO
[contact-form-7 id=”19587″ title=”SB Book Now Mantanani Island”]
07:00 Pick up from your hotel in Kota Kinabalu city
09:30 Arrive at Kota Belud jetty. Hop on a speedboat. Your journey will take approximately 1 hour(subject to Sea Condition)
10:30 Arrive to the Crystal Clear Water Island.
11:00 Gear up, it’s Snorkel & Diving time!
13:30 Free at leisure on the beach
15:00 Transfer back to Kota Belud jetty & depart to hotel in Kota Kinabalu city
- All timings are estimated and for reference purposes only. Actual timing will be provided prior to your departure.
- Mantanani Island
- Discover Scuba Diving
- Leisure Diving (You MUST be a Licensed Diver’s)
- Kindly book your Tour 5 days in advance.
- Rate Per Person.
- All rates are quoted in Ringgit Malaysia (MYR).
- Child rate applies for children between 3 – 11 years old.
- Infant below 3 years old is FOC.
- Age limit for diving with compressed air is 18 years old and above.
Outskirt Hotels Pick-Up & Drop Off Surcharges
- Additional charges of MYR 30.00 per pax are chargeable for outskirt hotels pick-ups. Outskirt charges applicable for hotels outside of Kota Kinabalu city area & 1Borneo Area.
- Return Land & Boat Transfer
- Snorkel, Mask & Life Jacket (for Snorkelers Only)
- Dive Equipment (for Divers Only)
- Guided by Dive Instructor / Dive Master (for Divers Only)
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Tipping (Optional)
- Alcoholic Drinks
- Any items not mentioned
Things To Bring
- Sun Block Lotion / Sun Glasses
- Personal Toiletries / Towel
- Hat / Cap
- Swimming Attire
- Sandals / Slippers
- Drinking Water
- In the case of schedule changes or cancellation due to traffic, weather or other force major, SEAMAUI BORNEO have the right to alter routes, timetables, itineraries and accommodation reserved should conditions beyond our control render it necessary.
- Patients of following diseases are NOT recommended to participate the Boat Ride adventure: hypertension, heart disease, asthma, epilepsy, pregnant woman.
- Participants are refrain from touching and teasing turtles, marine life and corals reef. Anyone refraining will sit out the next snorkeling.
- While the jellyfish season varies, it usually occurs during mid of the year or/and end of the year. Do be extra careful and inform our guides should you be stung. Jelly bugs are common in the waters but they are usually harmless and their stings will just cause some slight itch.
Snorkeler / price per person
Adult / MYR 280.00
Minimum 2 pax to go
Child / MYR 200.00
I am traveling with 2 adults
Diver / price per person
Adult / MYR 480.00
Minimum 2 pax to go