Kawa Kawa Rivercruise & Fireflies
Kawa Kawa, located about 112km northeast of Kota Kinabalu, is accessible in an hour and a half by land. Situated at Kota Belud and surrounded by paddy fields and mangrove forests, the quaint little village of Kawa Kawa is enchanting at first sight. Sungai Tempasuk thrives along Kawa Kawa’s mangrove habitat forming an enticing playground for the Proboscis Monkeys, who swing on the high branches of the trees. This natural oasis, little touched by men and commercial tourism, has not lost its primitive wildness, and is best suited for nature and wildlife lovers.
BOOK WITH SEAMAUI BORNEO
[contact-form-7 id=”19580″ title=”SB Book Now Kawa Kawa Rivercruise & Fireflies”]
14:00 Pick up from your hotel in Kota Kinabalu city
14:15 Visit Floating Mosque
14:45 Arrive at the famous Salut of Coconut Pudding
16:00 Upon arrival to the Kawa Kawa jetty, afternoon tea will be served
17:00 Start your spectacular river cruise in search of the endemic Proboscis Monkeys. You may even catch a glimpse oflong-tailed macaques, the rare
silver lancer, water buffaloes, river otters, different species of birds & other wildlife along the river bank
18:00 Enjoy the breathtaking sunset view (subject to weather condition)
18:20 Cruise back for a traditional malay dinner served at the jetty restaurant. After dinner, transfer to Nanamun jetty towitness fireflies
19:00 As dusk settles in, witness the secret rhythm of fireflies amongst the mangrove trees that lace the Tempasuk River
19:30 Depart back to hotel in Kota Kinabalu city
- All timings are estimated and for reference purposes only. Actual timing will be provided prior to your departure.
- Kawa Kawa Mangrove Fireflies
- Floating Mosque including Islamic Clothing
- Coconut Pudding
- Kindly book your Tour 5 days in advance.
- Rate Per Person.
- All rates are quoted in Ringgit Malaysia (MYR).
- Child rate applies for children between 3 – 11 years old.
- Infant below 3 years old is FOC.
Outskirt Hotels Pick-Up & Drop Off Surcharges
- Additional charges of MYR 30.00 per pax are chargeable for outskirt hotels pick-ups. Outskirt charges applicable for hotels outside of Kota Kinabalu city area & 1Borneo Area.
- Return Land Transfer
- Coconut Pudding
- Islamic Clothing Rental Fees
- Traditional Malay Dinner
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Tipping (Optional)
- Alcoholic Drinks
- Any items not mentioned
Things To Bring
- Sun Block Lotion / Sun Glasses
- Personal Toiletries
- Hat / Cap
- Mosquitoes Repellant
- Drinking Water
- In the case of schedule changes or cancellation due to traffic, weather or other force major, SEAMAUI BORNEO have the right to alter routes, timetables, itineraries and accommodation reserved should conditions beyond our control render it necessary.